….and it’s called The Big Chocolate Show. I’ll be there. You comin’?
This event is going on all weekend at the Terminal Stores near Chelsea Market. You can taste test a bunch of delicious chocolate, listen to chocolate talks and watch chocolate cooking demos. Tickets are $45, so yes, a splurge. But it’s for the love of chocolate.
Here’s some of the chocolate you can try at the event:
- Truffle Shots: from CT serves up flavored ganache in a shot glass
- Rawclates one of the smallest makers in the marketplace, entirely vegan. The bars are gorgeous and very super-food driven
- Lovie’s Nostalgia serves up Modern Old School Treats such as moon pies and scooter pies with flavors change month to month
- Long Island City’s SUGAR CUBE will be demoing 3 D chocolate mold making.
- Moran Etstein’s Chocolate Fashionistas will be on parade in the world’s largest miniature fashion show
- Fruition Chocolate will be showcasing its Bourbon Bar made by storing cocoa beans in spent Bourbon Barrels from Tuthilltown Distillery
- A range of chocolate cocktails will be on offer from Marie Brizzard, Coole Swan, Solbeso, and Tuthilltown Distillery
- An all Ecuadorean pavilion of bean to bar makers will showcase that country’s fine flavor beans
- Marou features an entire line of Chocolate Bars made from beans grown in Vietnam
- Cacao from Mexico will be showcased by Chocolates Wolter
- More taste-testings from Jacques Torres, Valrhona, Pacari and FIKA
Check out the Big Chocolate Show website, and watch my Instagram Story @maryinmanhattan this weekend for insider coverage!