Congrats to Chris, who won the #MIMfreefridays prize tickets for the New York Yankees/Toronto Blue Jays game. Have fun tonight!
For those of you who are not going to the Yankees game for free this weekend, here are a bunch of other things related to art, music and as usual, free food.
- Free tapings of America’s Got Talent just opened up – get your tickets quickly to see the show live at Radio City Music Hall this month.
- Scope out the murals of Lower Manhattan and who creates them during the LoMan Arts Festival. Events and walks happening all weekend.
- Don’t forget to watch free modern dance in Bryant Park each Friday through July from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Davey’s Ice Cream just opened in Williamsburg – grab a free scoop between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- See what a “futuristic soul” musical duo is like at Lincoln Center Out of Doors starting at 7:00 p.m.
- See some authentic reggae music at the Prospect Park Bandshell tonight at 7:30 p.m. as part of Celebrate Brooklyn.
- Visit the Noguchi museum in Long Island City for free museum Fridays until 8:00 p.m.
- Attend a comedy dance party in Brooklyn starting at 8:30 p.m. There will be free pizza.
- Solve an all-night scavenger hunt for charity. Midnight Madness is an interactive event in New York City starting at 8:00 p.m. to raise money for Good Shepherd Services. Check out the website in the morning for the announcement of the secret starting location.
- The streets of New York are going to be filled with ziplining, biking, a giant slip n’ slide, tai chi classes, and ALL THE ACTIVITIES OF YOUR DREAMS. Check out Summer Streets.
- Line up! Cymbeline is the show at Shakespeare in the Park. You can get free tickets if you start waiting in line when Central Park opens (6:00 a.m.), yes you must wait until 12:00 p.m. (when the box office opens) but it is so worth it! I did it for the first time last weekend.
- Ok you don’t wanna wait? Go see Shakespeare in the Parking LOT. Macbeth is on until August 15.
- Queens Night Market is 6:00 p.m. – midnight each Saturday.
- Glass Animals is at Central Park for Summerstage on Sunday. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. and goes until 7:00 p.m. My guess is they will be closer to 7, since there are a few other acts listed as well.